Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Third Game - Newton South
The weather today wasn't so bad. So I was pretty stoked about playing Newton South since we haven't played any new teams in awhile. So getting there, I realized yet again how broke our school is due to poor funding and also how better looking Newton South is compared to O'Bryant. As we warm-up everyone looked pretty good. The only problem was when we started. We fell apart as soon as the game began, why is that? I believe its the team's mentality that fell apart because we probably thought that they were already better than us and we, ourselves, didn't have self confidence that we would play a good game. Today we used a 6-2 formation which had Jack and I setting from the back row. I actually didn't mind, I kind of like setting but the team also needs me to hit too. As the first set started, we did pretty horrible, so horrible that I even forgot the score. Second set was even worst I believe as everyone was scrambling everywhere, including me too, and just not adequately putting the ball where it needs to be. Then came the third set, which I think we did the best in. At the third set, I decided that we should run a 5-1 again so I can go back and play defense. It went great but only if we had played like this from the beginning would we be able to have a chance at winning. Not saying that I don't like setting, but our fire kicked in at the last minute and we didn't have a chance at winning. So the third set we managed to kinda hit 15 I think. At the end, JV played and it didn't go so well. Our JV were clueless at where to go and when to get ready to hit. But in all, they played decently to fight on even grounds with Newton South's JV. The only thing I disliked about this game is that after our games were finished, people were just too happy. Should we be happy? I would never be happy after I lose a game and prove to suburbans school that public school from the inner city plays crappy. I really dislike that but I had joined in to make everyone feel happy. I think as a team, we don't take this game too seriously. That is my thought but other people can differ too. Well tomorrow is West Roxbury, time to throw my anger upon them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment