Monday, July 20, 2009

Trip To New York

Friday
So it was friday...I had to go to work in the morning for the day. It was alright because I could leave by 1 o'clock since I had completed 26 hours by thursday and I couldn't hit more than 30 hours so what was the point in staying at work? So I left by 1:30 and got home by 2. When I got home I started to pack for my trip so it took a good 1 hour to think of what to pack and also to get everything in a bag and ready to go. So it was finally 6, I head out to the YMCA where our team would meet up and where the bus would be waiting for us. What I found out after I sat there for the day was that the bus was going to come late. So the whole team sat there for an extra 30 minutes and the bus finally came around 6:30 and we went onto the bus where the fun would begin for the pledges. So after we had a pit stop, we had 1 pledge, which was my friend Simon from North Quincy High School, do something called ultimate push-up. So while he was blind folded doing push ups with someone holding him back, someone like thomas came and pull down his pants and placed his ass in a set position. When simon was coming up the person who was holding the blind fold released it and simon's face hit thomas' ass. So by the time we had that, we didn't do anything after that, and arrived in New York by 10:30. Everyone checked in and just relaxed and chilled until we slept. The people who was in my room was Simon, Derrick, Warren from BLS , and I. During night time, Derrick was being an asshole, like he always is but I love him nonetheless, no homo; so he went and threw ice at Warren who is sooo slow at everything. So they kept throwing ice around the room eventually Warren just got up and wrestled with Derrick on the bed, which woke everyone up. They wrestled and yelled at one another for a good 1 hour and everyone went to sleep by 2:15.

Saturday
Saturday was okay. So everyone had to be awake by like 8 except the pledges who had to wake up by 6:30 to go to the court to set up tents for the rest of the knights members. So the coaches had to split the regular C and D team to a better modified team, and so everyone in the modified C team get to have a chance in the playoffs and I wasn't picked for the C team cause we had to much people and the coaches had to leave some people to help the D team win some games. Ehh its alright cause most of my friends were in the D team for stupid reasons, since we were better than half the people on the C team. So the C team when they entered the tournament, got raped while the D team awaits their game. When it was finally the D team's turn and we faced a rival team that we hated cause there are always some beef between us but they are called CYC who was from Washinton D.C. So we faced them twice and whopped them twice. They barely made it past double digits. :D. So after that game we were free and had no more games for the day, so we just went to grab some food and also boba since there were a LOT of food joints near where we were playing at and so we just got some food and some drinks. So basically after the tournament was over for the day, people headed back to the hotel to shower and get ready for a dinner together. During the dinner, it was pretty fun and pretty hysterical. So during the end of the dinner, the members told all the pledges to stand up and introduce themselves, who sponsors the, who their favorite knights member is and why. All of them would be introduced and it was funny because some were shy and some just dissed each other. Then came the question of what each pledges talent was and show it to us. So Derrick and Warren had to put on a dress and do a catwalk around the whole restaurant. Then for some reason, people ask warren to show us some dance move, and as a member already they know I dance, so they made me bboy and this other pledge called Jeff bboy too. Warren didn't dance at all and Jeff didn't know how to bboy but he just did it anyways. His special talent was doing weird stuff with his stomache....lol that just got me when he did it in front of me so we stopped after he did it. Afterwards the pledges were too shy so they didn't do anything. Then afterwards, everyone went out to walk around. People wanted some Gelato so we went and found a nice store for Gelato at some place in Little Italy, where there were a long ass line. So after that, we went to find a cheap boba place where you buy one, and get 1 half off. So we found this cool as place and found our coaches and their wives there, who knew they are into this stuff too. So then Derrick, Simon, and I went to the next palce for boba cause we didnt want to get 2 boba drinks. So as we waited, we were approached by 4 girls who wanted to talk to us, Derrick was trying to get me to talk to them cause they were my age and it was illegal for Simon and Derrick to talk to them cause they would be illegal. LOL...but we didn't go over to them cause I found no interest in talking to them, maybe I should of went over to talk to them just for not looking like an asshole...lol...well went back to the hotel cause the A team members were looking for the pledges whom I was with. So when we got back to the hotel, we had a durian to make the pledges eat. Most or all of them had never experienced eating it. So after they all opened the durian and ate it at my room, apparently it stunk up the whole room for the night and had to throw away all the trash that people left behind..assholes...lol..jokes :D.

Sunday
Sunday was a pretty tiring hotass day. Since the weather was nice and the coaches told us the time to be at the court was later in the morning; I slept until 8:30 where I woke up and got ready to go to the court. So by the time I got there, I found out that it wasn't going to be the same team as yesterday, so it went back to the original C and D team (I was part of the C team). So eventually the B,C,D team had to go to consellation rounds, so everyone went over to the other area of courts for the consellation brackets (which means the losers and whatnot). So overall it went great over there and everyone had fun. Since everyone was suppose to play 4 games in each pool, people only got to play like 2-3 games because the morning pool was done and the afternoon (playoff) pool was going to commence. So the B team won all of its 3 matches, the C team (my team) did horrible, lost 2 matches in which we could of won if people actually got the ball up and no miss serves; D team won 2 of its matches. So when it was the afternoon, everyone went back to the main area where our tents were, we found out that A team was playing so we supported them. So overall, just sat there for most of the day waiting for A team to play so we can support them. But I didn't just sit there of course, I went around and got drinks and food while I was waiting. So everyone was suprised when we beat one of the likely candidate to win the tournament, and they were called Connex A from Toronto, who always go into the Finals. Next we faced Six Pack MVP from California, who was also the likely candidate to win the tournament, and we lost 2-1 because it was best out of 3. It was a great match and we got into final 4 so I was glad that we went that far. Then everyone went back to the hotel to get our bags and everyone went to eat since we got 1 extra hour before the bus came. Since Popeyes were near the hotel, everyone went to grab some food, and then it was time to leave New York. During the time when everyone was waiting for the bus, this black guy was just filming us, and since he was standing across the street, all of us waved at him and he just turned away and filmed another location. Was he stalking us or just trying to do some promotional shit...better not put us on blackmail...hahaha. So got on the Fung Wah bus and left for Boston. Got home by 12:30 and went to sleep around 1:30.

Monday
This morning when I came to work, I felt like I was dead. I felt soo tired, and kept falling asleep. So I went to grab some coffee to replenish myself. Then did a lot of paper work and data entering, which kept me busy.

Peace.

This might be my longest post yet. Sorry about not having pictures available for your enjoyment but, all the nice memories is kept back at New York ;]





2 comments:

  1. You need some pics bro. but glad that you had a nice time

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha yeah you really need some pictures bro. but damn this trip seems like you did alot and seems worth it too. im glad you had fun, its okay that you lost 2-1, like i said, its the experience that counts :]

    there's always next year!

    ReplyDelete